POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : getting the output file name : getting the output file name Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  getting the output file name
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 17 Jan 2003 17:15:11
Message: <3e28806f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all. motivated by a small discussion in p.b.i., i'm on a mission to
find out how to get the output file name from the currently rendering scene.
actually, I guess i need the file name while parsing the scene. i've scanned
through the docs and searched on the web view of the newsgroups, but to no
avail. any help would be appreciated. i basically want to write to a file
with a similar filename. if the output image is called "my_scene.tga" then
i'd like to write some text to a file called "my_scene.txt" without having
to hard code the filenames in the .pov file. just getting the actual
filename is what i need, the rest i can manage.

hopefully this makes sense. thankyou very much for any hints.

peace,
ross